Rwanda BUREGA WOMEN'S MICROLOT
Buliza was among the overall winners of Cup of Excellence in 2011. Though Buliza is mainly supplied by a farmers cooperative called Ucocaru, this microlot was produced exclusively by the women of the Burega cooperative. The high altitudes and rich soil are ideal growing conditions, and they produce mainly supreme quality in Rwandan coffees. Coffees from Buliza are known for their high sweetness, density and long shelf life.
The harvest period is from April throughout September.
- Origin: Rwanda
- Terroir: Burega sector, Rulindo district, Northern Province, 1750 – 2100 masl
- Farm: Buliza CWS Washing station
- Varietal: Bourbon
- Processing: Washed
- Drying: Sundried on raised beds
- Aroma: Dark cherry, grapefruit, green tea
- Flavour: Juicy acidity and smooth body